What is Blue Jeans?
Blue Jeans is a multi-party video conferencing and content sharing
service. With Blue Jeans, you can meet with up to 25 participants or
sites per meeting. Run entirely in the cloud, Blue Jeans works with PC and
Macintosh computers, iPhone, iPad, and other devices via a web browser.
You can even connect with in-room systems such as Polycom, Tanberg, or
Cisco. The service allows you to place video calls to colleagues and
collaborators around the globe.
How can Blue Jeans help with my work?
Other universities are using the service to:
- Distance Learning: Extending the classroom beyond the walls of a room to anyone who has access to the Internet.
- Guest Lectures: Using Blue Jeans, guest lecturers can use video to reach a classroom full of students from across the world, no matter which video platform they’re using.
- Virtual Office Hours: Students can join office hours from their browser or mobile device to ask questions, eliminating the requirement be at an on-campus location.
- Internal / External Collaboration: Share ideas and collaborate with faculty, staff, researchers, vendors, and more.
- Use your CalNet ID and passphrase to log in here (https://ucberkeley.bluejeans.com)
- First time users may be asked to download and install software. Depending on your security configurations you may need to ask your Computer Support person for assistance.
- Participants may also join meetings using this website by typing in the meeting ID number.
- 100 connection capacity
- Unlimited Recording
- Ability to invite non-Berkeley participants (only the meeting creator needs a BlueJeans/CalNet account)
- Free to use for campus faculty, staff, and students
- Browser extensions for Chrome and Safari
- Smartphone app for iOS and Android
- Microsoft Outlook Add-in
Training and Resources
Videos from BlueJeans:
Online training from BlueJeans: http://bluejeans.com/for/ucberkeley-and-bluejeans
Onsite training for your team/department: request form.
Tips & Tricks
Click here for common questions, how to create the most of your video conferencing experience.
Choosing a video conferencing service
Click here for a comparison of Blue Jeans and Ready Talk.
For questions or to resolve issues contact CSS-IT support at 510-664-9000, option 1 or use the online form.
You can also check out their support page, contact Blue Jeans Support online, or call 1-408-791-2830.
To learn more about Blue Jeans video conferencing and content sharing service, see the Blue Jeans Overview page.
* Blue Jeans is geared toward video conferencing and not intended for audio only use.